REFX is committed to your rights to privacy and is bound by the National Privacy Principles established under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). The following privacy statement outlines the policy of REFX for the collection, handling and protecting of your personal information. Your personal information is collected, processed and used in accordance with the applicable legal provisions.
We recognise that as a customer you may be concerned about your privacy and about the confidentiality and security of the information we may hold about you. If you have any questions relating to this Privacy Statement or your rights to privacy please contact REFX.
Information we collect
The information REFX collects will depend on the introductions we provide to you; REFX collects the following types of information:
- identity details, including your name, sex, address and contact details. Date of birth and drivers license number;
- email addresses
REFX collects information from only you in most cases unless it is impracticable to do so; we may collect information from you in the following ways:
- through any information sent in emails or any form of correspondence to us
- identify pages you have accessed and any documents you have downloaded;
- to store preferences and other information and track your activity on our website;
- to identify you when you visit the website and personalise the content of the website;
- facilitate administration and security purposes;
You can erase cookies from your computer or block all cookies, for information how to do so refer to the help menu in your Internet browser. Please note if you turn cookies off in your browser you may not be able to use the full features of the REFX website.
Use and disclosure of information
Personal information collected by REFX will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected and any related purposes you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for unless you have consented to us using or disclosing the information.
REFX may use your personal information for the following purposes
- respond to specific requests made of us;
- for administration, planning and account management;
- to monitor and improve the services we offer to you;
- to identify you and update personal files; to satisfy regulatory requirements and prove REFX has taken reasonable steps to verify the identity of its client we may disclose your personal information to external credit providers.;
- to enable us to comply with any law, regulatory requirement or government authority, for example the Anti Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006;
- any other purpose disclosed to you by REFX at the time your information is collected;
- we may maintain or process your personal information outside of the country of residence as such your data is subject to the local regulatory requirements and those of other foreign countries.
Accuracy of information, retention and security
REFX takes all reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information is maintained at all times. We will endeavour to maintain all possible safeguards; physical, electronic and procedural to guard your information. If you communicate with us via the Internet there is the risk of third parties unlawfully intercepting your transmissions to us, or wrongfully instructing you to disclose information whilst posing as REFX. We cannot control information whilst in transit over the Internet and therefore cannot guarantee the security of such information.
The security measures employed by REFX may depend of the sensitivity of information and the format of the information. We will employ such measures as:
- restricting access and utilizing security clearances limiting access to “need to know”;
- physical security measures such as locked filing cabinets and secure locked offices;
- training of staff to ensure awareness of the importance of confidentiality of clients personal information;
Under some circumstances REFX may refuse access to some or all of your personal information, for example;
- if the information is commercially sensitive;
- if the information is subject to solicitor-client privilege or litigation privilege;
- if the information could impact the privacy of other individuals;
- if we are prohibited by law from providing access;
Certain disclosures are not subject to your consent; these may include but are not limited to the following:
- disclosures permitted or required by law;
- disclosures required for public safety;
- disclosures required to prevent fraudulent activity;
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement, upon using the REFX website or services you consent to our collating and our use of your information. From time to time and for unforeseen reasons we may be required to use information for purposes not disclosed within this Privacy Statement.
Updated Privacy Statements will be made available on the REFX website or you can request the most up to date Privacy Statement by contacting us on the number listed at the end of this Privacy Statement. We urge you to ensure you have the latest version of this Privacy Statement at all times.
If you have a complaint about the way REFX has handled your private information please contact us first. We take all complaints seriously; we will investigate all complaints and endeavor to resolve all disputes to your satisfaction.
Please make your complaint to your usual contact at REFX in the first instance, many complaints can be resolved quickly at the early stage. If you believe REFX has not adequately answered your concerns you have the right to make the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) you can contact the OAIC on 1300 363 992 or you can visit the website www.oaic.gov.au
If you have any concerns about material which appears on this website, please contact us at email@example.com or on +61 2 9363 1701.